Monday, November 2, 2009

Sick Kids Are No Fun

We battled sickness all last week.
Zachary got it worse than Adam, but they both had it.

The fever, the cough, the ear infection the respiratory issues... all horrible.
Seeing your baby look at you with unfamiliar eyes, ones that have a glaze and dark circles beneath- ugh. And to have your usual little firecracker and not able to pick their head off the pillow, despite their most favorite episode of Elmo playing (see photo below below).

Makes my heart and prayers go out to those mother's of sick children. The pain must be unbearable.

Finally, the blue eyes I love are back. That spark of mischief and iron will have returned. All those things that make my baby my baby are back.

2 comments:

Corrie said...

Those times are really sad. :o(

I'm glad the kiddos are feeling better.

EcoMeg said...

I am very glad to hear that the little ones are feeling better. It really is unbearable to see one's children sick.