Tuesday, February 9, 2010

(Un)Romantic at Heart

Before you read:
I love my husband and children.
I am not dead inside
Occasionally, I cry
I am sentimental, in about two minute increments




Today, Adam states: " It's February. I no like Valentine's Day. I want to stay home".

I could not agree more.

Ugh, that's right. Over that last few years I have come to realize that I am just not a romantic person. I used to make a stink about it because it seemed like it should be acknowledged. So my great hubby would comply and go all out. Then, I would think "This is cheesy. Can I go to bed now? Was this card REALLY $4.99??" .

Flowers, candles, gifts, sweet nothings... I could take them or leave them. (Paul, if you are reading, you are not off the hook, I like candy). I guess my "love languages" are more of the quality time/ acts of service/words of affirmation varieties. Luckily, this meshes well for my marriage.


I hated Twilight... The Kite Runner, on the other hand, sucked me in.

Nicholas Sparks- not my thing... John Grisham might suit me better.

Jerry McGuire or Message in a Bottle.... I'll take Tommy Boy or Wayne's World.

Valentine's Day... How about a Christmas do-over?

1 comment:

Heather said...

I LOVE this post...because I couldn't agree more! I love my husband and kids, but I definitely don't fall into the "romantic" category by any means. Call me crazy, but I'd take good quality family time (on a regular basis!) over a romantic gesture for a holiday...any day of the week!