Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thirty Days Hath September...

It's here, and it came fast.
Time to go back to school/work.

This year is particularly gut wrenching for me. My big boy starts pre-k, full day, 5 days- the real thing. It's through the school district, and even though it's not the first time we will be separated, it's resonating as very bittersweet for me.
From my talks with other moms, I am not alone here.

I mean, he needs a full sized backpack. There's nothing full sized about him.

We attended our first parent meeting, and though I am not a super sappy type I was tearing up left and right. It's the nagging sensation that my babies are not babies anymore.
I have no choice but to let go a little, and let my boy take his first step out into the world.
Yet in letting go, I am thinking, wondering...

"Will he make friends easily, or be shy?"

"Will he remember not to pick his nose?"

"Will he stay as excited about learning as he his now?"

"Will his potty aim improve?"

"Will his teacher see just how special he is?"


During the baby stage, there were times where I felt like it would last forever. Now, what others say about the time going so fast and taking time to enjoy them is ringing in my ears, along with Keith Urban singing "as days go by, I can feel them flying like a hand out the window in the wind..."

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Im sobbing...he's so special! HE WILL LOVE SCHOOL, and THEY WILL LOVE HIM! I'd pay money to have Adam in my class. He is what teachers dream about.

{{hugs}}

Corrie said...

First day of pre-k here too.