Monday, January 24, 2011

The Hunger Games Trilogy in Review


With all the buzz about these books, I could not resist giving them a try. Right from the start, I knew they were not my usual read. Not even close. They are odd, post-apocalyptic, graphically violent at times, and positively impossible to put down.
Here is the link to Wikipedia, for a full synopsis. Your best bet is to read this to get the gist of the storyline.
I would have to say it's been a while since I got quite this absorbed in a series. I had to finish it. I wanted to sneak upstairs and read with a house full of company. So, clearly they were definitely intriguing and fast paced. The story is original and certainly rich in detail. It is written to the young adult crowd, so it's a pretty easy read, and is of course laced with a love triangle and teenage feelings confusion galore, but not in an annoying way. Overall, I would say books one and two are two thumbs up, while book three is not quite so good, although does bring a satisfying conclusion to the series.

1 comment:

Corrie said...

lol! I do the same thing - sneak away to read a good book. That is why I hate (really love) series. I can't be done with just one book, you know?