Thursday, January 6, 2011

Two Thumbs Up

As mentioned, I received the gift of the Barnes and Noble Nook for my birthday. For quite a while, I was on the fence about e-readers, not really seeing the purpose of one. The Nook drew me for two reasons- the ability to borrow e-books from the library without leaving the house (for free!), and also the ability to share/receive books that you have purchased with others who have the same device.
I have to say, I love it! Not only does it significantly cut down on the clutter of books, but it's small, handy, and you truly feel like you are reading print, not a computer screen. And, for those serious page turners, you can bump up the size of the font in the touch of a button as your eyes tire (as mine have lately, while devouring The Hunger Games series).
Though not a life or death necessity, if you have a birthday or holiday coming up, and you are a big reader like me, I would put it on the list!

No comments: