Friday, December 17, 2010

“The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” Lucille Ball

It was another great year, and I celebrated my 25th birthday simply with friends and family, and for the 6th year straight!

It began on Thursday night, where my sister and I celebrated our birthday's with our mom(we're 72 hours shy of being Irish twins). We had an amazing dinner at Encore in Buffalo. Check out their menu, and yes, it's as good as it sounds. I had duck. It was awesome. Then, we checked out Dreamgirls at the local theater, Shea's. What a treat!

The big news for The Vinkle LIfe:
It's now published, thanks to my thoughtful hubby who somehow in his techie ways, made me these beautiful book- hard bound versions of this blog. There's just something about flipping through the printed version of the last couple years of our lives that really is amazing and touching...you cannot put a price tag on that feeling.


And, thanks again to Paul and the boys for helping me enter the world of e-readers. I am loving The Nook so far. I already borrowed and loaded two e-books from the public library on it! It's a whole new experience for me, and so far would definitely recommend it! This was sort of a "bonus gift", as we had decided to get one anyway, so it just turned into a present. My sister Sarah also knows me well, and the Barnes and Noble gift card she gave me will be put to great use!



This gift from my friend Nancy was quite a pleasant suprise as well... I have been admiring this pattern and thinking "well, when it's on sale with an additional 30% off and free shipping then I will get it"...
What a blessing!

And, I luckily get to have more fun this year, as my sister Eileen knows full well about my mascara problem... can't wait to try them all!

No comments: