Friday, December 20, 2013

Dear Giselle

I had to laugh when the title of this article said something along the lines of "Watch Supermodel Giselle Multitask Like a Boss". 
With much respect to her for breast-feeding and publicizing it in a positive light, I would wonder what the authors definition of multitasking is? Being pampered by three individuals in a luxury penthouse isn't mine- but rather rather pouring cereal,  jamming myself into work clothes, while making a coffee and yelling at the kids to brush their teeth, and applying mascara using the microwave glass as a mirror. That's more how it works for me.
Now granted, it's been about five years since I've breastfed, but I do have a list of questions for Giselle, with no mean spirit intended (just my usual sarcasm):
1. Do you have a towel because we all know milk is squirting out of your other breast as you feed. That robe isn't going to cut it. Or does that not happen to the rich and famous?
2. Where is your other child? Because when I was breastfeeding my second, I guarantee the first was either into something, hungry, getting injured, or near smothering the baby for my attention.
3. When your baby spits up on your hair or on your nails, will this process start over or will you just move on with spit up on you like most moms?
4. Will the mom be changing that breastfed babies' poop explosion with wet nails and long flowing curls. While I'm sure your staff is well paid, getting one of them to do it is highly, highly unlikely with that caliber of mess.
5. Hey Giselle's manicurist... Did you know. Lansinoh does great double duty cuticle cream? Now that is more my style of multitasking.
6. How does a fashion team size clothing for boobs that go from deflated small balloons to hard as a rock and the size of softballs to  in a matter of 30 minutes?
7. Hey Giselle- can you make pumping look sexy? Didn't think so.



No comments: