Thursday, October 29, 2015

My Best Tip...


With the way information travels at lightning speed today, there's no shortage of open letters, tips and tricks, and people asking for their opinions to be heard.  While I love the way moms can share information and knowledge- things are getting out of hand.  It's one thing to share products you like, bargain strategies, or recipes, but man oh man people are now giving advice on how to, what not to, and the right way to do anything and everything,.
Below are some articles I came across just on my Facebook page today...


  • Stop Telling Kids to Stop Picking Their Nose (no) (www.ozy.com)
  • Why I Won't Throw Modern Birthday Parties For My Child (enlighten me?) (www.pgeveryday.com)
  • 29 Things Only Girls Under 5'3 Will Undersrand (28? Really? I can see 12..) (buzzfeed.com)
  • Why Our Kids Need to Get Outside and Engage With Nature (aka- play outside?) (theguardian.com) 
  • 10 Commandments to Talking to Your Kids About Religion (kind of a  personal topic to assign general rules?) (PBS.org) 
  • You're Probably Cleaning Your Vagina Wrong (thanks, but I got this) (buzzfeed.com)
  • 6 Reasons My Husband and I Won't Make Your Event (Uhhh. divide and conquer is OK sometimes) www.djndevin.com
While all of these are fine, from the heart, and meant to help... enough already! While I am not going to go as far as to make this my own open letter, geeze lousie on the viral unsolicited advice epidemic! 
We're all ok.  We're all doing our best.  We all have our own philosophies on child rearing, beliefs, weather, grooming, time management... shall I go on? 
As many open letter writers say.... "just sayin". 


 


No comments: