Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lemon Love

The first day of spring in Buffalo looks dismal, grey, and frankly just about as yucky as most of this winter has been.  Luckily lately I have found some new products in one of my favorite scents (and flavors)- lemon- that can brighten things up while we wait for the nice weather.

Bath and Body Works Cheers to Capri  Limoncello 3 wick candle.  I got the 2/$22 deal with an extra 20% off, so decided "why not..."  B& B candles don't disappoint, and this one especially leaves your house lemon fresh- let people think you've been cleaning and put your feet up instead.

Paul Mitchell Lemon and Sage Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner.  Also a steal at buy 1, get 2 free at Regis Salons.  Basically I got a full sized shampoo/conditioner set, a Redken product, and an OPI Polish for $18.  That's less than drug store prices for sure, and a higher quality.  The scent is very citrusy and nice for the morning wake-up especially. The tea tree oil in it also treats dry scalp- which after this season most of us have a bit of.   My hair needs volume, so it's fun to try new things especially when they're a deal and in your favorite scent.

Again Bath and Body Works makes the cut... their new line of gentle soaps are more moisturizing and easier on sensitive skin. and I am loving the Meyer Lemon (honorable mention- tangerine).  I love the foam soaps personally, as they are easier for the kids, and easier to clean up if they drip. I usually pay less than $3.00 per soap, using a coupon or waiting for a sale.  

And last but not least, as the warmth of cinnamon tea on a cold night gets old, a light fruity tea is a good way to usher (rush) in spring... It's a classic, inexpensive ($2.99), and  available in the grocery store... and beats some of the fancier ones I've tried.  Available in K-cups too, but I don't see the value in it for tea. 


No comments: